UX Evaluation of Smart TV
Diagnose UX's competitiveness of the new smart TV and identify UX factors that require improvement.
A LG's smart TV (recently released) and a competitor's smart TV are used for usability evaluation.
One-to-one similar and specialized features are compared and evaluated.
The evaluation index is used to compare and propose improvements.
# Competitive usability analysis, # User research
1. Desk research / Literature review
- Review existing TV evaluation materials
- Analyze TV market trend
- Analyze new features of the smart TV
2. Design usability testing
- Classify experience areas
- Derive evaluation tasks
- Perform heuristic evaluation with experts to verify tasks of usability testing
3. Conduct usability testing
- User photo diary: Understanding the context and behavior patterns of using TV (30 people)
- Usability testing based on tasks : LG vs competitor (30 people)
- In-depth interview: Finding the causes of usability evaluation results and discovering insights
4. Analyze usability testing and Derive UX factors
- Diagnosis of UX's competitiveness by scores
- Delivery of UX factors that should be improved
UX Evaluation Result
UX Evaluation Index
* Due to the NDA restrictions, the final results of this project are confidential and cannot be posted on this website. Please contact me if you are interested in learning more about this project.