LG Smart ThinQ Application connects smart home appliances to provide users with “Better life with IoT” (Home monitoring, Smart diagnosis, Remote control, Energy saving, Recipe, etc.) which will provide safer, greener, fresher, and more fun home environment. For refrigerators equipped with the touch-screen display, Smart Manager can check expiration dates of food items and precise locations within the refrigerator. While in the supermarket, the shopper can check what items to refill with a smartphone. All features can be done the same on a smartphone as in a refrigerator. Since it provides a lot of benefits to users, it has become necessary to extend this feature to the TV while considering the TV context.
Smart fresh life on TV
(refrigerator + TV)
Analyze the current application of a smart refrigerator and smartphone app
to define applicable UX areas for a smart TV.
Investigate users' TV and refrigerator usage patterns and lifestyles to derive
UX opportunity areas.
# UX design
1. Analyze current status
- Analysis of existing UX scenarios of smart refrigerator and mobile app
2. Desk research / Literature review
- Trend and lifestyle Analysis: Forecast the core context of the smart refrigerator
and smart TV based on lifestyles
3. Define UX opportunities based on research insights
- Define UX opportunities when a smart refrigerator and a smart TV are converged
4. Design implications and recommendations
5. Develop UX concepts and UIs
- Improve and reform functionality and UIs
- Create new features and services
- Document IA (Information Architecture) and UI flows
Service / Function
* Due to the NDA restrictions, the final results of this project are confidential and cannot be posted on this website. Please contact me if you are interested in learning more about this project.