LG On-Screen Phone application gave users the ability to access their smartphone through a PC or a laptop. This program created a virtual emulator of mobile phones enabling users to use a wide variety of functions on these devices. Some of the functions included sending and receiving messages, having full access to the data on a mobile phone, and managing files and contacts with ease. Since it provided a lot of benefits to users, it has become necessary to extend this application to the TV while considering the TV context.
Smart Phone on TV
Identify benefits that can be given to a user when a smart phone is connected to a smart TV by predicting the change in the TV usage behavior.
Identify which tasks of the On-screen Phone on PC can be applied consistently to a smart TV, and can be modified and deleted.
Validate and refine features by usability testing.
# UX design, # User research
1. Desk research / Literature review
- Trend Analysis: Forecast the patterns of consuming contents on TV
2. Envisioning UX
- Define UX benefits when users access and control their phones on TV
3. Analysis of current status
- Task analysis of On-Screen Phone on PC
4. Usability testing
- Validate features of On-Screen Phone on TV in a simulated environment
5. Derive insights and design implications
6. UI development
- Generate ideas and concepts
- Document IA (Information Architecture) and UI flows
* Due to the NDA restrictions, the final results of this project are confidential and cannot be posted on this website. Please contact me if you are interested in learning more about this project.